The Major functions of the department include:
- Formulation of HR policies and guidelines for the MoH, SMoHs, HR officers andhealth training institutions in the areas of training, professional development,recruitment, deployment and HR management.
- Development of strategic and operational cost-indicative HR plans to be sharedwith HR officers and health training institutions for the implementation and monitoring of policies and plans.
- Supervision of HR officers at state and lower levels, and provision of appropriate
- Development of annual narrative reports to be shared with the MoH, partnersand stakeholders.
Recent activities include:
- Developing the human resources information system (HRIS) and rolling-out acrossthe states.
- Managing payroll.
- Performing routine personnel administration procedures.
Planned actions include:
- Develop a cost-indicative comprehensive annual work plan.
- Produce annual report and share copies with partners and stakeholders.
- Review and update the HR manual, HRH situation analysis, HRH policy and theHRH strategic plan 2012-2016.
- Roll out HRIS to all states, countries and payams.
- Recruit and deploy HRH.